Open & closing dates
08/06/2019 to 08/27/2019
This position is designed as a SES, General.
- Incumbent is responsible for planning and implementing policies and procedures for improving the timeliness, consistency, objectivity, and reliability of situation, outlook, and related farm policy evaluations.
- Coordinating and reviewing all food and agricultural commodity aggregate data used to develop outlook and related agricultural policy evaluations within the Department.
- Providing a focal point for the Department’s economic intelligence relating to the state of domestic and world agriculture.
- Providing direction to agencies in the methods used in making estimates and forecasts of domestic and world agriculture to assure that they are based on sound analytical techniques and thorough and objective analyses.
- Is responsible for developing, presenting, and justifying the budget of the Board and for determining the organization and staffing structure within established budget and ceiling limitations to carry out the programs of the Board.
- Represents the Chief Economist at conferences, hearings, and public meetings on policy matters relating to the domestic and international situation and outlook for food and fiber.
USAJOBS link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541840000